The GFWC Public Issues Community Service Program is designed to actively connect members with effective projects and activities relating to civic engagement. This area focuses on: citizenship, veteran’s affairs, emergency preparedness, and safety.
Some examples of past projects:
- Coordinated a community wide food drive and prepared meals for Veteran's Village
- Donated high need items for Hurricane Harvey and Irma Relief Efforts
- Baked 40 dozen cookies for the MADD Cookies for Cops program to be given out to officers during the holiday season
- Assisted at the polls and counted ballots for Kids Voting
- Wrote letters and cards for veterans attending the local Honor Flight
GFWC Junior Woman's Club of Midtown